half truths


My dad used to tell me that God will cut off my tongue if I tell a lie. So I used to check the length of my tongue in front of the bathroom mirror. I also imagined what it would be like to live without a tongue... not being able to swallow and sing and stick it out for fun.

I grow up knowing it to be a lie and God isn't the kind to cut off my dad's tongue in punishment. But I've told many lies. I lied about my height mostly. And I also lied about living an ok life. I was told that I'm meant to live a great life but I think I'm starting to believe all the lies I used to tell (except the ones about my height).

Jim doing his thing:

2 Comments:

  1. The Wanderer said...
    That girl has such withered hands. :P
    Rachel Chew said...
    she's not so withered in real life... i think it made her look bad. they say you can tell a woman's age by looking at her hands...

Post a Comment