second-hand advice

I’ll be leaving for Cambodia this Friday and I’m so psyched, I can’t concentrate at the office. I’m too easily distracted. Seriously. As much as I can’t wait to be in Cambodia, I’m sure that when I’m there, I’d be itching to come home so I can upload some photos. This itch needs some restraint. Seriously.

My friends told me of some strange temporary monks and plastic pails of alcohol. I read about the landmines and the usage of pot as garnishing. (Pat, I hear that silk shawls there are US$2/each. Catch me before I leave!)

I’ve also been reading a well-worn travel guidebook that was handed down from friend to friend. I don’t even know the person who owned/s it. And apparently, someone who used this book previously circled some interesting places such as “Heart of Darkness” and “Manhattan Club” under the nightlife section. Dodgy. Oh, how I love used things/second-hand books.

(Side note: I once bought and Eastpak bag for my sister from a second-hand shop and the guy there told me that they get their goods from America. Then he whispered, “The Americans think that they’re donating to a third world country.” Ah. Right. I paid RM50 [approx. US$14] for a bag someone thought was going to charity.)

(The shop closed down sometime later.)

I finally put the pack of plasters I got for Valentine’s Day to good use. I have a blister from walking and it’s nothing Superman can’t save. The man of Metropolis stole my heart. He and I will be traveling together.

We'll see you soon.

p/s: sorry for the lack of updates of late. If I'm not posting here, I'll be at Being, where try to post daily. And by the way, have a listen to this, if you will.

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    ah that sounds like a nice deal. talk to you later at acts?
    david said...
    i envy you.

    and i totally know what you mean with the photos. it's even worse when they're in film. i lose hair.

    by the way, i actually enjoyed sunshine. the soundtrack is amazing (although i don't think they have an ost cd out for sale). it's like explosions + some electronic influence. so sweeeet.
    Rachel Chew said...
    my colleague told me about the soundtrack as well. it's by underworld... they're a little too techno-ey for my taste now--unless they changed. (confession: i used to listen to them in high school.)

    but danny boyle's trainspotting soundtrack (and film) could do no wrong.
    Joshua Longbrake said...
    silly americans.
    Rachel Chew said...
    heheh
    they're funny too.

Post a Comment