post-its and indulgence



Post-its (drawing without looking)
1. I was drawing the sidewalk on Sunday evening for a friend’s anti-Valentine’s Day event (I'm not against it, believe me. But it was a request, what can I say?). It was an open-mike gig with a host of funny people. I like the last guy the best. His songs were intimate in a very shy way. That’s a very loose drawing of a Camera Obscura CD cover.
2. I have an in-grown toenail. It hurts. And I don’t have an extra toe despite what you see here. I can’t count and draw at the same time. I'm bad at math.
3. Happiness. I have nicer teeth in real life.

Indulgence
1. A bag of ice-lolly bags. I thought the gorilla looked funny. I don’t know why I keep seeing gorillas these days. Here are some ice-lollies, apple-blackcurrant flavored.
2. Tiny crumbs from homemade banana muffins. Mhhmmm.
3. A really good book. Really. I bought the book from a bookstore which I'm a member of, but apparently they got my details wrong. According to the receipt, I'm a housewife and I live someplace else.

More indulgence


The best cream puffs ever. The shop is looking for a promoter. Very tempting.
For close-up, click here.

And my picture is also featured in Vox Veniae's blog.

13 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    hello and a hand-shake from virginia!
    (...i found your site through longbrake's blog...)

    -just wanted to let you know that i really enjoy and appreciate your blog!

    -and i'm sorry about the plagued toe.

    -and my favorite quote from Velvit Elvis:
    "This is something people have struggled with since the beginning: how to talk about God when God is bigger than our words, our brains, our worldviews, and our imagination."

    -yet, i think that art, when it is done well, gives a small glimpse


    thank ya.
    Joshua Longbrake said...
    a.) i love post-its of all colors and sizes.

    b.) i'm making you famous.
    Rachel Chew said...
    alaina: hello from malaysia! thank you for enjoying this space :)
    the toe is getting better. it gives me an excuse to wear flipflops everywhere. any time.
    yes, that's a good quote. i also think that God smiles and laughs at our attempts. i'm sure he has a good sense of humor.

    joshua: you must be popular.
    Charis said...
    Oh so beard papa sells cream puffs! I didn't know - I just thought it was a weird name. I shall try it the next time :)
    Joshua Longbrake said...
    post.script.

    1.) i have an ingrown toenail of death and destruction that is bent on making me miserable. i hate it w/ all of my body.

    2.) i'm not making you famous; scratch that. i'm the one putting a link to your site because, um, you are neat and therefore i look neat when i link someone who is neat.

    scratch that.

    you're making me famous.

    scratch that again.

    i want some cream puffs.
    Rachel Chew said...
    beard papa should really hire me.
    i'd make them proud.
    Anonymous said...
    the correct answers are, in order:
    1. hand, foot and mouth disease depicted in squares. it's not about indie music, in-growns or the need for braces.
    2. white objects are so zen.
    3. that's a cumulus cloud on a plate.
    Rachel Chew said...
    you're disgusting. i love you.
    Pilgrim said...
    post its! i luv post its. tend to write too long then use a second one to finish the msg though.. which defeats the purpose, i know.
    Rachel Chew said...
    i get what you mean. i have post-its in my notebook, on my wall(s) and on my door. and virtual post-its on my computer desktop.
    Unknown said...
    hehehe.... my place dun have post its... so we make our own post-its by chopping up recycle paper with our trusty blade, and using cello tape to paste it to our pc's, tables, chairs, etc... :P

    in-grown toenail? cut it off la! u will feel the satisfaction of digging it out, and if its infected the flowing of pus out.... wahhhh.....
    ketiak said...
    Rob Bell has been a personal indulgence of mine and Chris' for the past few years. Looks like we forgot to let u in on our li'l secret, eh? ;)
    Rachel Chew said...
    vincent: it's healed now. looks pretty too.

    kenneth: i'm sure you guys have a lot more secrets that i don't know about.

Post a Comment